Camden Community Connectors
Camden Community Connectors aims to empower older people to connect to their communities; tackling social isolation and loneliness older people can experience. The project is funded by the Big Lottery and is the largest strand of the Ageing Better in Camden Programme; running between July 2015 to 2021.
The service is open to individuals aged over 60, living in Camden, who at risk or already feeling isolated or lonely. This can include an older person who is recently bereaved, living alone, recently retired, an older carer, an older person who has had a change in their health (and needs rehabilitation) or has lost confidence due to a change in circumstance.
Camden Community Connectors provides short term community based support, delivered by a team of of 5 area coordinators and volunteer connectors working in each of the 5 housing districts in Camden: Holborn, Camden Town, Kentish Town, Gospel Oak and Hampstead. (To find out more about the work volunteers do for us or to volunteer yourself click on our volunteer
button to find out more).
We help older people to:
· Address low level practical barriers which prevent them from being able to independently access community activities
· Develop the confidence to independently be able to access community activities
· Link up with others in their community who share their interests
· Connect up with other support services in Camden
We cannot provide:
· Ongoing befriending or long term home based support
· Assistance with personal care
· Assistance with manual handling
To see how Camden Community Connectors deals with referrals for older people please open our referral pathway
If you would like to make a referral for someone you know / are working with or if you would like to make a self referral, please download our referral form
and send it back to us. If you would like more information about our service before making a referral, please call: 0800 161 5716 or email: email@example.com